Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Knitting Night

Tonight was the first official Knitting Night of the season! It's always so much fun to hang out with the girls and talk about yarn and patterns! Love it!

I'm very proud of one of the ladies. She learned to knit socks over the summer! She's an excellent knitter, so I knew it wouldn't be a challenge for her...but she knit a mitered heel on her first try! I feel like a proud mother! *sniff*

However, I did have one moment of shock and despair. My sister reaches into her knitting bag and pulls out..... (wait for it)....a giant ball of acrylic! Gak! Have I taught you nothing? "What. Is. That?" I asked. "That's an abomination!"

Well, she's knitting a pair of mitts for football games in the local team colours and decided she didn't want to spend money on decent yarn. So she's knitting away and suddenly (and loudly) proclaims "Acrylic sucks!". Hah! Didn't I tell you? Some people just never learn. Hope she enjoys those scratchy, stiff, nasty things at the next game. For godsake, don't come in contact with an open flame! Even funnier, her boyfriend is allergic to polyester! I wonder if that includes any fibres extruded from vat of petroleum by-products? Sounds fun.

No comments: