Sunday, October 12, 2008

Exciting News!

Next week I'll be heading to Alberta. Hopefully, I'll be in Calgary for a day. That means that I'll be able to go to Shuttleworks! According to a few people in my spinning class, it's the mecca of fibre in the prairies! If their website is any indication, I'm in for a treat. Soooo excited! I can't wait. I'm also going to try and hit Gina Brown's, a knitting shop highly recommended by a friend who's a native of Calgary.

I've consulted google maps and I've got my route all planned. I plan to come back with all kinds of treasures. But don't tell hubbo! He thinks I have more than enough yarn to last me through armageddon!

Since we are driving, I'll also be able to knit the entire way there and back. It usually takes me about 2 hours of dedicated knitting per sock, so that means I should be able to complete ...*calculating*...about 3 pairs on the road. Hmmm...that sounds pretty good! Then there's down time during the visit which could result in another pair at least. Either I'll be very proud of myself upon my return and/or crippled! What we won't do for the love of sticks and string!

No comments: